Junaid Makda, M.D.
Junaid Makda, M.D.
Primary Specialty: Orthopedic Surgery
Subspeciality : Joint Replacement
Board Certified: Yes
Rush Medical College
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Anderson Orthopedic Institute
- American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
Language Spoken: English, Hindi, Urdu
- Joint Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Knee Replacement
- Hip Replacement – Anterior Approach
Health Plans Accepted
Hobbies: basketball, football, traveling
Accepting New Patients: Yes
- Makda J, Siram G, Hamilton W. “Revision for Aseptic Failure.” Chapter in The Knee: Reconstruction,
Replacement, and Revision. Slack Publications. 2013.
- Makda J, Yousuf K, Bender B, Parvizi J. “Surgical Alternatives to Arthroplasty.” Chapter in Essentials
in Total Hip Arthroplasty. Slack Publications. 2012.
- Kearns KA, Witmer D, Makda J, Parvizi J, Jungkind D. “Sterility of the Personal Protection System in
Total Joint Arthroplasty.” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. June 2011.
- Cohen SB, Towers JD, Zoga A, Irrgang JJ, Makda, J, Deluca PF, Bradley JP. “Hamstring Injuries in
Professional Football Players. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Correlation with Return to Play.” Sports
Health. April 2011.
- Rihn JA, Patel R, Makda J, Hong J, Anderson DG, Vaccaro AR, Hilibrand AS, Albert TJ.
“Complications Associated With Single-level Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion.” Spine Journal.
- Rihn JA, Makda J, Hong J, Patel R, Hilibrand AS, Anderson DG, Vaccaro AR, Albert TJ. “The Use of
RhBMP-2 in Single-level Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion: A Clinical and Radiographic
Analysis.” European Spine Journal. May 2009.
- Cole BJ, Miller M, Makda J, Cohen SB. Textbook of Arthroscopy. 2004. Associate Editor.
South Side Man Dancing Irish Jig After Successful Knee Replacement at Little Company of Mary Hospital
After a consultation with Dr. Yousuf, a personalized treatment plan was created. John was scheduled to undergo a total knee replacement during the summer.